The Special Topic on Disaster Prevention and Climate Resilience is coordinated by Prof. Rajib Shaw of Kyoto University. The Special Topic encompasses existing networks and regional initiatives devoted to building capacity through research and education on climate related hazards and disaster management. Activities implemented by the Special Topic include workshops and training, joint research, exchange of research findings and creation of common data bases. The Special Topic is strongly associated with current ANCST country pilots and those being developed in Southeast Asia.
Lead Coordinator: Rajib Shaw of Kyoto University
- Alfredo Mahar Francisco A. Lagmay of National Institute of Geological Sciences
- Joy Jacqueline Pereira of Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia’s (SEADPRI-UKM)
- S.V.R.K. Prabhakar of Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES), Japan
- Juan M. Pulhin of University of Philippines Los Baños (UPLB)
- N.H. Ravindranath of the Indian Institute of Science Bangalore (IISc.)
- Andreas Schaffer of Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Nguyen Van Thang of Vietnam Institute of Meteorology, Hydrology and Climate Change (IMHEN)
- AUEDM: Co-leaders of the proposed Asia Science, Academia and Research Stakeholder Group to be discussed in Beijing on 14 May 2015.
- ASEAN-Adapt: Network of Science Partners linked to the National Focal Points of the ASEAN Working Group on Climate Change (AWGCC).
- APN: Research Group on Integrating CCA, DRR and L+D to Address Emerging Challenges due to Slow Onset Processes (AF2014-RR03-NMY-Pereira)
- APN: Research Group on Assessing the Climate Change Adaptation and Disaster Risk Reduction Effectiveness of Risk Insurance Approaches (ARCP2014-08CMY-Prabhakar)
- ASTAAG: UNISDR Asia Science, Technology, and Academia Advisory Group
- Workshop on Science and Technology for Disaster Risk Reduction at Shangri-La Putrajaya (24 May 2016).
- Newton Ungku Omar Lecture at Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, UKM Bangi (23 March 2016).
- Workshop on Science for Managing Disaster Risks at Petaling Jaya, Malaysia (9 March 2016).
- Newton Ungku Omar Lecture at Delft University of Technology, Delft, the Netherlands (29 January 2016).
- Workshop on New Science and Business Developments for Managing Climate Risks at Royal Society, London (5 November 2015).
- Final Planning Workshop of the ASEAN-India Project on Enhancing Climate Change Adaptation in Southeast Asia and 5th ANCST Workshop on Climate Change & Disaster Resilience – Post Sendai 2015 at Manila (14-17 Oct 2015); Conveners: Prof. Juan Pulhin and Prof. Rajib Shaw involving ANCST, ASEAN, APN and AUEDM.
- Workshop on Future Cities: Science to Action for Building Resilience of Urban Communities to Climate Induced Physical Hazards at UCL, London (23-25 June 2015).
- Workshop on Asian Urban Environmental and Climatic Processes at Beijing, China (16-17 July 2015).
- Workshop on Climate Science for Loss and Damage Projections at Port Dickson, Malaysia (11 June 2015); Conveners: Prof. Joy Pereira & S.V.R.K. Prabhakar, involving ANCST and APN.
- Workshop on Climate Science and Adaptation at Hong Kong (15 April 2015).
- ASEAN Workshop on Enhancing Climate Change Adaptation at Bangi (5-6 February 2015); Conveners: Prof. Joy Pereira & Prof. Prof N.H. Ravindranath, involving ANCST and APN.
- More… >…go here……